Friday, March 16, 2012

Edwardian Spring Dress

I set out making this dress to be civil war period. However, sadly, I did not have enough of this lovely rosy pink cotton to make the skirt as full as it should be for the period. So, when the whole thing was finished, my mom said it looked just like something Anne of Green Gables would wear, so something more Edwardian/Victorian. So, you make the decision. It could be either, but I love the way it turned out. I used wide French cotton lace to make the collar, and the sleeves have a bit peeping out from underneath. I also have recently taken up painting brooches, so I made one just for this dress. It has a clear covering on it to prevent the paint wearing off the pearl. The bodice is gathered at the waist, another feature of a more Civil war work dress look, but I added a ribbon at the waist to make it a bit more tailored and even a little girlish. The dress velcros in the back.
This dress is for sale on my etsy shop here.



No comments:

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...