Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Little Anne of Avonlea

While I was on vacation, I made this outfit modeled somewhat after Anne's schoolteacher outfit. (See my last post) The vest and skirt are of a different color scheme (more of a brown/gold) than the one from the movie, but I got the basic idea. :) I photographed the outfit at the shore...

 


 

 
Recognize the flyaway story pages? :)





 

 The inspiration for this outfit came from the movie Anne of Green Gables the Sequel, in the beginning, when she is at the seashore. Though the color scheme is a bit different than the costume worn by Megan Follows in the film, it has the basic cut and look. I even included her little portfolio enclosing her handwritten "story" (can be seen under her arm in the last photo) The skirt has elastic on the back, giving it the body in the back like it should for the period. The vest is very tailored, has tucks in the back, and hook-and-eye closures up the front. The blouse is made in a light white cotton with pretty pintucks down the front, a stand-up collar, and a prim bow at the neck. Included underneath the skirt is a white cotton petticoat, to give it body.

This outfit is for sale in my etsy shop here!

All the best,
Elizabeth




4 comments:

Rosamund Gregory said...

Lovely, lovely!

Lauren said...

Hi Elizabeth! I just found your blog from your Etsy profile. You may know me as thedressmakerdollfashions on Etsy:-) I just love your Anne outfit! It is so adorable!
Blessings,
-Lauren

Mara said...

It's been many years since I have seen "Anne of Green Gables" . . . I love the outfit you have made for this doll, as well as her various poses along the seashore.

You seem to have a delightful and precious spirit, and your blog is beautiful! :)

Miss Laurie of Old-Fashioned Charm said...

So lovely! I really like the colors of the fabrics together. The Anne movies are so sweet! :)

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...