Thursday, April 12, 2012

Growing babies...

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news is, that he newborns in the nestbox are now not so new-born looking. :) Their fur is starting to grow in, and they are more energetic, although their eyes will not be opening for a little while. But you can see their cute little tails and their coat colors starting to show.... 
 
One end of the rabbitry in the morning sun.



 
This one is so sweet, he (or she, not sure yet :) loves sleeping in my hand.


 

And now, for the sad news.

Two little bunnies are now peacefully playing in the happy clover field.

This morning, when I went to check on them, two had actually climbed out of the nestbox. The nights have been chilly, and there are not many places to find warmth outside the nestbox, so they both died. I found them curled up in the corner of the maternity pen. :( I was very sad. One of them was a spotted one, and the other was the only broken fawn colored one of the litter. I had been so hoping for a broken fawn. And now he's gone. 

But I really thank God for having this happen to me, because it very much teaches me how God can give us things, and take them away. Sometimes I feel that God gives me so much, and wonder when He will take something away. Now He has, but I am trying to accept it with all my heart.

Well, on to something a bit brighter.....

I had to share these photos of Scout, looking out the door, wanting to play outside. :)
When I came in from doing rabbit chores, he was there, at the door, giving me that expression that says, "Please take me out and play with me?? Pleeeeeeeeeeeease??"


 
Yep, there's the wag.

 
Sorry, Scout. I've got schoolwork to do and violin to practice.
You'll have to wait for the afternoon.......

 
And so he stares, longingly, at the wild and untamed country, full of squirrels to chase, possums to trail, and all sorts of other doggyish fun, all lying just beyond the threshold.......


Enjoy your evening!

Your kindred spirit,



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How precious! I love your dog, too!

http://hopefulforhomemaking.blogspot.com

-Stephanie

Rose M. said...

So sorry to hear about your two rabbits. Love the pictures! Your rabbits are adorable!

~Rose M.

Lauren said...

They are just precious! I'm sorry you lost some of them. Keep sharing the pictures!
-Lauren

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...