Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Rose M. from The Golden Road! Please visit her lovely blog: The Golden Road 

So without further ado....

11 haphazard things about myself.
  1. This is my first time being tagged.
  2. I have been riding horses for many years.
  3. I chew my fingernails whenever I come to an epic moment of my historical novel I'm writing. (I can't help it, the characters' lives are at stake!)
  4. I like dying wool and making yarn in nature-inspired color blends
  5. My Etsy shop is now officially one year old
  6. I absolutely LOVE historical hair updos!!!!! Although sometimes I find it a bit hard doing them on myself, since I'm the only one in the family who does hair. :)
  7. My friends all think I'm weird because I love "everything old-fashioned" and I dress accordingly
  8. I have a passion for shoes, so most often my closet floor is a mess of pumps, flats, victorian boots, and sandals
  9. Elizabeth Bennet, from Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice", is just like me. I always come out as her on all the JA quizzes
  10. I am one of very few girls who are not planning on attending college
  11. I wish they only asked for 10 random facts, because I don't think I can come up with another one! Wow, that was random. 

Now let me answer Rose's questions...

  1. When you were younger what was your favorite pastime? I would have to say getting into trouble. Either that or spending hours in my tree house talking to my dolls.
  2. If you could choose one book to claim as written by yourself which would it be? Emma, by Jane Austen
  3. Which is your favorite season: spring, summer, fall, or winter? Spring!! I was born in the summer, but spring is the best time of year, in my humble opinion.
  4. Beethoven or Chopin? Beethoven!! I love the strength in his pieces.
  5. Would you rather listen to others play an instrument or play it yourself? Play it myself. I play violin, piano, and organ, and have done a little bit of fife, so I am definitely a "play it yourself" person. :)
  6. Chocolate or vanilla ice cream? Chocolate! yum.....
  7. Describe your "House of Dreams". A white Victorian farm house, with green shutters, a pretty front porch, a screen door with a green wooden frame, and red geraniums blooming in the flower boxes. Oh, and children playing in the yard out front, of course. :)
  8. Do you prefer to be alone and lost in your own thoughts, or amidst a crowd of people? It greatly depends what type of crowd it is. If it's a bunch of like-minded people my age and we are all there for the same reason, then probably amongst a crowd of people. But then again, I do like galavanting off into the woods and by the lakes by myself, too. So I really don't know.
  9. A quiet snowfall or a pleasant rain shower? A pleasant rain shower. Oh, the smell....
  10. A quiet, fanciful field is before you... what would you do in it? (picnic, walk, look at the clouds, etc.) Take my sketchbook or journal, and go sit or lie down amid the poppies and draw or write..... that's where my imagination works best. :)
  11. How long have you been blogging? Not very long. Only for about a month.

Alright, now here are my 11 questions, and the 11 people I am tagging:

  1. If you were to be a Jane Austen character, which lady would you be? 
  2. Writing or drawing?
  3. Sewing or crocheting?
  4. Baking or cooking?
  5. Are you a city mouse, or a country mouse?
  6. Do you have a large family, or a small one?
  7. If you were to be like a main character from a book, and your whole life would roll out like that heroine's life did, which book would you choose: Jane Eyre from Jane Eyre, or Meg March from Little Women
  8. Which is your favorite BBC miniseries? (ex. Wives and Daughters, Cranford, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, etc....)
  9. What is your favorite type of countryside: farmland, woods, prairie, seaside, or desert?
  10. If you were to receive one thing you have been wanting for a long time, what would it be?
  11. Do you sell handcrafts online? (ex. an etsy shop, personal website, etc.)

And now for the chosen eleven:

  1. Miss Elizabeth Bennet from Elegance of Fashion 
  2. Rosamund Gregory from A Wanderer in the Shadowed Land 
  3. Lauren from Books, Fashion and Tea 
  4. Mia at Aspiring Homemaker 
  5. Rachel from A Butcher, a Baker, a Candlestick Maker 
  6. Rebekah from A Vessel of Joy
  7. Elizabeth from A Little Bit of Heaven 
  8. Rachel Grace from Bundles of Blessings 
  9. Bekah from Simple Modest Fashion 
  10. Alexandra from Of Trims and Frills and Furbelows 
  11. Miss Laurie from Rather Bookish 
 And now, get off the computer and go enjoy the lovely day! (actually, where you are it may not be as lovely outside as it is here, but in that event go get a good novel and start reading, or take a cup of tea to the attic and do some dreaming....)
All the best!
Elizabeth

1 comment:

Rose M. said...

Tagging is so much fun! I loved hearing all your answers. It's a lovely day here, too!


~Rose M.

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...