Friday, July 20, 2012

Cherry Tomato Sauce on a gloomy afternoon

Is there any felicity in the world superior to this?
Well, there is, but on a foggy day like this, making cherry tomato sauce over the stove was the most superior form of felicity I could come up with.

Yes, I made sauce today. :)
Oh, and follow along with my directions, because this is a recipe. :P

So, I started with homegrown cherry tomatoes, washed them, and cut them in half.






Then, after they were cut I put them in a pot with some olive oil and began simmering them on a medium heat while I peeled some homegrown garlic...





After I peeled and chopped the garlic, I put it in the pot along with some dried basil, and then headed out to the garden for some fresh oregano...


After I got back and washed it off, I put it in and added some salt and pepper. Then I simmered the tomatoes until they were simmered down and real squishy...


Then into the jars it went!



This sauce is delicious! Now, here is the recipe for 1 cup of tomatoes. Just multiply everything by how many cups of tomatoes you have.

1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 long sprig of fresh oregano, chopped
3 cloves chopped garlic
Salt and pepper to taste

Hope your day has been sunnier than mine, or, if it hasn't, that you have found some lovely occupation indoors. :)

Yours truly,

No comments:

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...