Sunday, August 26, 2012

Asking for your opinion...

Alrighty, so I'm working on my novel, and it's getting nearer to the end, so I have been playing around with cover ideas. Here is one that I have come up with. What do you think? Do you have any other ideas? The book is about a young lady and her family who go on the Oregon Trail and about the other wonderful people on the trail with them. It's definitely an adventure, maybe slightly a romance. Let me know what you think! I will be posting a full write-up on my book with the plot, characters, etc, but for now I would like you all to take a look at this cover idea....


The picture of John Hanson, the strong, the brave, the fealess hero of my story, on the left was actually from an old photograph from the 1930s I found online, but when I saw it, I said, "THAT'S JOHN!!!" No other picture fit my idea of his character. You should have heard Therese trying to help me find a picture...
"Ooh! Elizabeth!! What about this one?"    "Nah, he's too old."
"Hmm.... oh, what about that one! It's a cowboy!"    "Noooooo..."
"What about that guy! He's handsome!"    "Therese, he has to be more than just handsome. He has to be John. And that's just not him..."

And, the girl on the left is Emily Noble, the heroine of the story. Yeah I know, it's a picture of me, but as of yet I have not been able to find any picture that fits my idea of Emily. Maybe more searching will provide one, but I have looked everywhere.... I'm sure all you authors out there know how hard it is to attach a picture to a character you have made up. Most pictures JUST AREN'T THEM. Period.

So, tell me all what you think! :)

As always,

6 comments:

Kiri Liz said...

I like it! The font you did the title in is really cool! :)

And yes, I know what you mean about finding pictures of your characters... I find myself settling with "almost perfect" pictures, and then it messes up my mind when I'm writing about that character later.... *sigh*

Miss Elizabeth said...

Isn't it true? Exactly, then you go to write more of your story and you're mental image of them is all messed up! Agh! :)

Rose M. said...

Wonderful! I like how the background lends a touch of romance with John and Emily and mystery with the long Trail, it's very intriguing. Also, the font you used looks adventurous and very... (for lack of a better work) historical. :)

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thanks Rose M.! I'm glad I'm getting good feedback on the script, I wasn't sure about it at first, but now I can see it does go pretty well.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! The cover makes me want to read the novel, which is definitely a good thing! Can't wait to hear more....

http://hopefulforhomemaking.blogspot.com

~Stephanie

Miss Melody Muffin said...

Love it!! You did a fantastic job on it! The only thing I think I would change is to maybe move the curlycues and the Westward to Oregon part down a little more. So it is more centered between the title and author. But that's just my opinion.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the story! It sounds very interesting!

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...