Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One of my favorite modern composers: Patrick Doyle

I love listening to movie soundtracks, and when I watch a movie I generally pay a lot attention to the music in the background.

Today I would like to present one of my favorite modern composers of amazing movie music: Patrick Doyle.

Patrick Doyle (born 6 April 1953) is a classically trained Scottish composer. A longtime collaborator of actor/director Kenneth Branagh, Doyle is known for his work scoring such critically acclaimed films as Henry V (1989), Sense and Sensibility (1995), Hamlet (1996), and Gosford Park (2001), as well as such noteworthy blockbusters as Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005), Eragon (2006), Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Thor (both 2011). Doyle has been nominated for two Academy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards.
(taken from Wikipedia)

Maybe it has to do with him being Scottish, I don't know, but I just LOVE his music!! Here are some samples of some of my favorite songs...

First off, his stunning job making the Sense and Sensibility 1995 soundtrack.

I love Throw the Coins the best:
and also his rendition of Weep You No More Sad Fountains:
He also composed the soundtrack to Henry V, another favorite movie of mine. I love these tracks in particular:
 And, he composed the music to this year's new movie, Brave! Here are some of my favorites: This first one is sung by Julie Fowlis, LOVE her!!
 Love the bagpipes in this one:


 Doyle has so many great soundtracks to his credit, but I wanted to share my top favorites. Can't wait to see what he composes next!!




No comments:

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...