Sunday, August 5, 2012

Playing Marianne...

Today I was so excited to find a free printable transcription of "Weep You No More Sad Fountains", the lovely song that Marianne sang in Sense and Sensibility 1995. Click here for the music. Please note that this version was transcribed from this youtube clip of the part in the movie when Marianne is playing the piano and Colonel Brandon sees her for the first time. If you listen to that horrible opera version of the song on the S&S soundtrack, you will notice that the piano accompaniment is different than what was played in the movie. This music is the actual thing. I was so excited to find it, so I printed it out straight away and tried it on the piano...




After taking some pictures I began to get a bit mesmerized with this rose and took quite a few closeups...


Gotta pose it with my violin!



Have a beautiful and blessed Sunday!!

God bless,

6 comments:

Kiri Liz said...

I love this song! I've been looking for a piano arrangement for the longest time! Thanks for posting! It looks so fun to play!! :)

Do you know how I could print it out? I don't have an account with the website the link took me to.

Miss Elizabeth said...

I have been looking forever too. That's why I was ready to squeal when I found this!

I don't have an account with them either, so I just copy/pasted the image to a word document, fitted it on the page and printed it out.

God bless!
Elizabeth

Lauren said...

Beautiful photos Miss Elizabeth! I love the new look of your blog as well-- Beautiful! I love that song, and have two versions of it in different piano books:-)

Kiri Liz said...

Thanks! I'll have to try that! I'm so eager to play this on the piano!! :)

Clare Ryan said...

That's such a gorgeous piece of music. And you look super beautiful there at the piano... very Marianne!

God bless you!

Marissa said...

You are beautiful!!!!


I love playing the piano

Marissa

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...