Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weep You No More Sad Fountains

After writing that post a while ago about the song "Weep You No More Sad Fountains" from Sense and Sensibility 1995, it has been on my mind to make a recording of it just for fun. I have had so much fun playing and singing it, that I thought I would do it for you all just for kicks.

So, after a little time, technical screw-ups, and a good deal of listening, fixing, and re-playing, here you are. There were some issues with the video in the middle to the end section, so there are a couple skippy parts, but they aren't too bad.

 


Yes, you have the privilege of seeing the back end of Felicity, my grand piano, throughout the song. :) For some reason it filmed quite dark, I think because the lighting was not too good at that time of day in the living room. Also, the piano part is quite dominant; it can drown me out a bit, but I just did this on my digital camera so I didn't use a mic or anything.

Please keep in mind I am by no means a great singer or pianist, this was strictly for the fun of recording a song, which is something I have never done before. I do not sound as good as Marianne in the movie, trust me! :) But I hope you enjoy it all the same. I must give credit to the little Miss Elizabeth, my little friend, who asked me one day if I could play this for her when I was at their house. I didn't have the music with me at the time, but it got me thinking that it would be neat to record it for you all. So, here you go Elizabeth. :)

Yours truly,




8 comments:

Clare Ryan said...

Lovely, Elizabeth!

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thank you Clare! :)

Gracie said...

Oh, my goodness!!! You have a lovely, clear voice. And your piano playing! Spot on, my dear. This was lovely :)

Miss Elizabeth said...

You are so sweet, thank you. :)

Maid Emmaline said...

Great job! How long did it take you to learn it? I've been working on Georgiana and Dawn from Pride and Prejudice. I want to learn some that I can sing though.

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thank you! I had been messing around with it off and on for fun for about three weeks, though I never actually sat down determined to learn it. After a while I realized I almost had it memorized, so I gave it a shot and recorded it. Georgiana and Dawn are sooooo pretty; P&P 2005 has so many beautiful piano pieces in it. :)

Maid Emmaline said...

Okay, so all because of you I got completely addicted to this song and had to print out the music and learn to play and sing it. I LOVE it now!!! :D

Miss Elizabeth said...

Haha yay! Welcome to the Marianne fanclub. :)

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...