Thursday, October 4, 2012

Afternoon Tea...


On a crisp autumn afternoon, nothing is quite as comforting as a cup of tea and a good novel... 

 I love settling down on the window seat with an herbal cup of strawberry sassafras tea and a few chapters of "When Comes the Spring"

 That cup is from my hope chest. It is antique English bone china; I have been collecting them for my chest for a while...


I just recently framed those bird sketches I did. They had been sitting in my portfolio in my closet for so long, I decided to pull them out and display them so I could see them each day!


What sort of thing do you like to do on an autumn afternoon?

Yours truly,

4 comments:

Abilaine said...

Oh, my! The bird sketches are beautiful!
I really do wish I could draw that well. But I think it is my own fault I cannot! LOL!

I have not read "When Comes the Spring" by Jannet Oke. I think I'll get it at the library soon. :P

Abilaine

P.S. Please follow my new blog!

http://abilainecottage2012.blogspot.com/

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thank you Abilaine! Practice makes perfect and I've been drawing for about 15 years since I was old enough to hold a pencil, so if you are determined, you will get really good! And your drawings I saw on your blog are quite good, so you are off to an excellent start! :)

It is a really good book, although I do recommend you read the first book in the series, "When Calls the Heart" first, if you haven't already.

Thanks for the comment! I'm following you over at your new blog!

Alexandra Marie said...

STUNNING sketches! You must be so talented! Following <3 alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Clare Ryan said...

Oh, tea, how I love you. It hasn't been cool enough here yet for real tea, but I did take advantage of the three-day weekend to start re-reading "A Girl of the Limberlost." I can't wait for school to be done... it's been ages since I've had a real homey autumn day. Thanks for sharing yours! God bless!

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...