Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Apple Cheesecake and Throwing Pillows

I just remembered I had this post sitting in drafts and had never published it! Goodness, well here it is. Better late than never, right? Of course I'm right. :)

Random name for this post, but the weekend was pretty random. I had my best friend Christina come over last Saturday to spend the weekend. She had been telling me to watch "Love's Enduring Promise" for a while, and so I decided to get it and watch it with her on Saturday night.

So, in honor of the occasion, we made Apple Cheesecake, the recipe for which came from this lovely blog. I had never made a cheesecake in my life (my mom's the cheesecake person in our house), so this whole adventure was a bit risky, but we dove head first into it and ended up with a delicious finished product!




Well, it was quite the success. I think we may have used a bit too many apples but it was still good. The perfect combination of apple pie and cheesecake!

Anyways, that night we watched the movie. And must I say, I believe it was one of the best movies I have seen. Love's Enduring Promise is so underrated. Lots of girls go for the BBC period dramas, (which I dearly love as well!) but sometimes forget there are other really good movies out there where the actors don't all have British accents, drink tea, and wear regency gowns. This was set in the old West, the characters were all determined pioneers, and I think the hero of this story is just as brave and wonderful as any Mr. Darcy. Please do not get me wrong, I am a huge fan of BBC myself, but this recent discovery has opened my eyes to a new and interesting story type.


make your choice, Missy...
Missy Davis had to choose between Grant Thomas, a wealthy land surveyor, and Willie LeHaye, a humble yet enterprising young man who wants to start a cattle ranch out west *swoon*. I liked Missy a lot, I thought she was very sweet. The one thing I didn't like about her was that she seemed sometimes to be a little stand-off-ish towards Willie, even when she had said she really loved him. I didn't quite understand why she was like that.

The gentleman on the left is Grant Thomas. We both couldn't stand him. In fact, at one part in the movie when he came to tell Missy that he wanted his father's permission for him to court her, I grabbed Christina's pillow and pitched it at his face on the screen in my anger. He was so horrible! She followed suit and we both pelted the screen when Missy gave him a grin and said, "Why yes, that would be fine with me." Ahhh!! Poor Willie!! You have to understand, we usually don't act that crazy, but we were really tired, and in really strange moods. (Not uncommon at my house; if you come to my place and I'm in a weird mood, it can be contagious.)

 willie you are too sweet 
Willie was so sweet. We both agreed he was almost too perfect, but he just had so many good qualities about him that we found ourselves getting excited every time he came on the screen.

willie lahaye 
Dawwww.....
(His hair is kind of all over the place but he's still cute)

So anyways, enough fangirling for today. It was a great movie though, and I highly recommend watching it if you haven't already.

AND...... while we are on the topic of Janette Oke, I thought I would mention that Michael Landon Jr. (the director of this movie series) is in the process of making another series on Hallmark on another of Janette Oke's book series: Canadian West. I am SO incredibly excited. I am reading that series right now and the books are so good. The main girl in the story is named Elizabeth (of course!), and I relate to her in so many ways. This is probably my favorite series by Janette Oke, and it's high time they made movies out of it. So I'm really excited about that.

Anyhow, I'm done rambling now! Have a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Mmmm... the cheesecake looks delicious.

I agree the "Love Come Softly" series is great. The first movie is my favorite. I am so pleased to know that there is to be a new series. : )

Rose M. said...

Ooooooo... I must try the Apple Cheesecake! It looks so yummy!

I've never seen "Love's Enduring Promise", another addition to my never-ending list. ;)

Abilaine said...

Am not gonna say anything about the cheesecake. Yes, it looks good, but I am against any cheesecake. LOL! Really ... I know it is weird.

I love the "Love Comes Softly" series! I have watched all the movies and ,yes, I think Willie is cute. Even though his hair is flyaway. And Grant Thomas drives me insane!!

I think I will though a pillow at him when I watch this one. :) *evil laugh*

~Abilaine

Miss Elizabeth said...

Haha, really?? Well you're not the only one. My sister can't stand cheesecake either. :D

Lizzie said...

Ah, that cheesecake looks scrumptious! My whole family is cheesecake fans, but I usually just make a plain cheesecake and some kind of berry topping. I will definitely be trying that recipe very soon!

I was disappointed that the Love Comes Softly movies didn't follow the books... yes, I'm one of those books fans who is easily irked by small changes in movie adaptations. ;)

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...