Monday, October 8, 2012

New sewing pattern at S&S!!



I was so excited when I received an update that Mrs Jennie Chancey over at Sense and Sensibility has added the 1950s era to her website and is going to be creating more patterns for that era! The usual super-excited me right away flew over to her website to see what new pattern she came up with and...... here is what I saw:

 
the-cupcake-dress-2
I. Want. This. Pattern.

Badly.

gingham-10

You can make the pattern into a more casual every day dress, or a formal evening gown.

the-red-gown-4

Isn't it perfect? I love it. I can definitely see a cute dress coming out of this pattern for me or my shop. I'm not as big of a fan of the poofy petticoats under the 50s dresses, so I would probably omit that and possible lengthen the hemline a bit, but I love the neckline and the sleeves. Oh boy, this makes me want to dust off my sewing machine which has been sitting unused *horrors* since I started school....

Have a lovely day!








5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Wow, I like the three very different looking dresses with that one pattern. Nice!

Cranberry Morning said...

Speaking of Elizabeth Seton, my appendix was removed by a doctor at Elizabeth Seton Hospital in Cochabamba, Bolivia...many years ago. JFYI :-)

Abilaine said...

I love this dress! :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Be still my beautiful frock loving heart, these dresses are all works of fashionable art unto themselves. Though the first example is my favourite, I'd joyfully wear any one of them.


Wishing you a splendid Tuesday,
♥ Jessica

Marlene E. said...

I think I've found yet another pattern I NEED. :D

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...