Saturday, October 13, 2012

Oh Mocloth, How I Love You...

Yes, I am in love with Modcloth. If I had a money tree growing in my backyard I would buy everything on Modcloth. Here are some of the things I have been pining after recently...

Shale in Comparison Coat 
Shale in Comparison Coat


Warm Welcome Coat 
Warm Welcome Coat


Best in the Burgh-undy Coat 
Best in the Burgh-undy Coat



Poundcake the Pavement Top 
Poundcake the Pavement Top



Modern Madeline Top 
Modern Madeline Top



Align Your Luck Top
Align Your Luck Top



Thesis and That Top 
Thesis and That Top




Swell Said Top
Swell Said Top


Cheery Blossom Top 
Cheery Blossom Top



Blouse in the Country Top

Blouse in the Country Top



Self-Guided Tourmaline Tunic

Self-Guided Tourmaline Top



And then, there is this...



Cheerful Correspondence Dress

The Cheerful Correspondence Dress

And guess what? *smile* I bought this today!! Yay!!! 
Of course, I had to buy it with my own money, but who cares? I love it!
It's too short for my style, so I'm going to wear it as a tunic top over a long sweeping ankle-length skirt. 
Who knows, maybe I'll post pictures of it when I wear it. :) 





Have a loverly day!

7 comments:

Vicki said...

*dreamy sigh* I do love Modcloth's clothes...they're all so beautiful. If only I had a money tree! :P ooh, that dress/tunic is lovely! You should, definitely post photos when you wear it.(:

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Hana - Marmota said...

That dress is pretty - I love that style of collar.
But that's my problem with many of these lovely styles I see: too short. I don't feel very comfortable in anything that goes above my knee... So I'm very glad I can sew my own. :-) What with the prices and additional shipping (I'm Czech), I only use ModCloth as an inspiration board!

Miss Elizabeth said...

I feel the same way! I just can not bring myself to wear skirts that show that much leg. It's a pity too, because there are so many cute styles out there that would be so lovely. Sometimes you can add a contrasting panel to the bottom to add a few more inches, but a lot of times that doesn't work.

By the way I love your blog; I'm your newest follower! :D

Hana - Marmota said...

And I've just found yours... but I like what I see. Thank you.

I do have some (two, if I count right) short-skirted dresses that I love too much (and that would not look good with an additional panel, because the fabric is rather special); but overall, I feel I even look better in skirts that hit below the knee.

Also, I've remembered the problem I have with ModCloth's coats: they are usually mostly artificial fibre, though they may proudly claim to be "wool" - only for you to find out that there's actually a very small percentage of wool in it. I hear such kind of fabric wears rather fast, or piles, and does not really keep you warm in winter. I admit it's hearsay; but considering how warm my 100% wool things keep me, compared to anything else, I'm inclined to believe it.

Hana - Marmota said...

P.S. And you know what? You're my 52nd follower, and now I'm your 52nd follower. :-)

Miss Elizabeth said...

Haha! Well this means we can be 52nd follower buddies! :D

I know, sometimes the fabric is so beautiful that adding something would ruin it. One thing I have done is if the skirt or dress has a built-in lining, I will sew a piece of really wide lace to the bottom of the lining, making it show underneath and thus adding some length. This only works sometimes though.

I did not know that about their coats, I'll have to keep that in mind. I've got a long red coat that's wool and has some angora in it which I LOVE and it keeps me really warm all through the winter.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Though I fully realize I may be the odd vintage/fashion blogger out for this, I've never bought anything from ModCloth. I've swooned, admired, and daydreamed over them from afar for years, but - lacking a money tree of my own, too - have yet to purchase anything. The temptation is certainly there every time I visit though - especially when I see pieces like that amazing burgundy coat you included here.

♥ Jessica

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...