Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Password off and back to normal again!


Wow. The past week has been so eventful for me. In addition to tons of schoolwork, my family and I went on a trip this past weekend to visit my brother, and we just got back.  So I'm trying to catch up on things. 

You may be wondering why my blog was password protected for a few days.  No, I was not trying to exclude you all from my recent doings.  There was a group of rather uncharitable people who found my blog and started to make fun of me, my Faith, and the biblical femininity which I strive to follow.  To them, femininity was a joke.  But I'm a very strong "suit yourself" type of person, so I have decided to take the password off and let them rant about it as much as they please, so long as they keep their discussions to their own little forums and off of my blog.  Any comments from here on out that are digging or unkind will be promptly deleted without being read.  As some of you saw, I did publish the first of those comments and responded to it in length, but after that one Dad advised me to ignore the rest as usually these people will never give up.  It made me think of this verse from the Bible:

If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you. If you had been of the world, the world would love its own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember my word that I said to you: The servant is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you: if they have kept my word, they will keep yours also."  John 15:18-20 DRA

God bless you all, my dear followers!  It is you and your continued insight and support that is such an inspiration for me to keep blogging here in this little corner of the vast world.

Blessings,














(PS.  To those of you who have tagged and awarded me in the past week, I am working on them and will be responding to them soon!)

8 comments:

Hana - Marmota said...

It's so unnerving to receive such kind of comments! I have thankfully only received two so far.
I'm just reading Emma; and there's Emma playing at the side of your blog. :-)

Lauren said...

Oh my, I just don't understand why people would act like that. I'm sorry you have had to deal with it!
Keep your lovely, sweet posts coming!

Sarah said...

Miss Elizabeth,

I just want you to know how much I enjoy your blog. Your creativity and godly lifestyle are a blessing in this crazy world!

May the LORD bless you as you serve Him!

-Sarah

Rose M. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Good job in staying strong in what you believe, however. You're very inspiring. :) God Bless!

Lizzie said...

Something very like that happened to me early last month, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was even the same group of people. The verse you posted is a good reminder; persecution is a good sign! ;)

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thank you all, you dear ladies! You are so very encouraging and are the main reason I keep blogging! God bless you all!

Lizzie, just out of curiosity, I looked up your blog on the forum I was having trouble with and sure enough, it is the same group of people. Honestly, it's like they have nothing better to do than sit around on their computers all day and attack innocent people. I'm sorry you had to put up with it too. Yes, it is a good sign if you are being persecuted for what you believe!

Lizzie said...

Yes, that thought occurred to me too... those people have way too much time on their hands, apparently. They should take up hobbies. ;) It wasn't very much fun, but God works all thing together for good! I hope I should be able to endure much worse for His sake.

Grace M. said...

Dear Miss Elizabeth,

I would like to say that I love your beautiful blog, and it's been a bit of an inspiration to me to look into being more of a Catholic young Lady. :) So I was very sad when I noticed this site was password-protected for awhile...but I am very glad you're back now! And good luck with any future persecution...I know from personal experience it's very hard.

Anyways...long comment short, I'm glad you're back! :)

~Grace

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...