Sunday, October 7, 2012

Random...

Wow, I'm doing a random post. Shocking. I never post anything random! Right? Of course I don't. :) Well today I am. I guess I am sort of random. Actually, you should meet me in real life and then you will know after talking with me for 5 minutes that I am actually quite random, only in a more sophisticated way. :D Anyways, enough of my random gibberish. On to today's official..... um, randomness. :)

Recently I was asked to sing for a wedding!!!! So I am REALLY excited about that. I just got the music today, one of the things we are singing is the O Magnum Mysterium Mass by Victoria. I've already plunked out my part on the piano just to hear what it sounds like. :P The Agnus Dei has a 2 soprano part, which sounds so beautiful, so, I have included a recording of it here for you to listen to! Even if you're not much for choir music, you should listen to this one. :)


And here's a recording of the Kyrie, which is also gorgeous! I love how the sopranos and altos start out at the beginning....



Also, I have been planning some big changes for my business which will be taking place when I graduate next year. I am slowly working away and planning to prepare for these all through this school year. Here are the three main ones:

1. The name will be changing from "The Country Handmaiden" to a new name, to be announced next year.

2. I will be moving my workshop from my attic sewing room to a new and much more interesting set up, also to be announced next year.

3. I am going to start selling clothing and accessories for real people!!! Hooray! I'm thinking something with a historical look, but which works for wearing in the 2000s without looking like a costume. :) (What we all want, right?)


So, that is what has been on my mind lately. I hope you all are having a beautiful Sunday!

Yours truly,




6 comments:

Vicki said...

I do love random posts!(:
Singing for a wedding would be amazing. You're doing some really lovely pieces, too! Iwhich part do you sing? I'm currently learning a handful of pieces for choir...we're working on Brother James's Air and Buxtehude's arrangement of In Dulci Jubilo, which is really lovely.(:

Ooh, I love modern pieces with a historical look! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Jenna Condon said...

Im your newest follower. Awesome blog, Come and follow mine thanks http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-photo-editor-contest.html?showComment=1349650578330#c3326980563428134508

Miss Elizabeth said...

Hey Vicki! I technically am more of a mezzo soprano, but I have a big range so they asked if I could sing alto for this. And of course, I accepted! :D In Dulci Jubilo is a very beautiful piece; I have heard it but we have never sung it before. I love when they have the string accompaniment with it. :)

Haha yes, so do I. :)

Thanks for the comment!

Jessica Cangiano said...

How wonderfully exciting! I adore it when I know that there is change that I'm looking forward to on the horizon, and sense that same joyful eagerness in you as you described your plans for next year. I hope dearly that everything you're planning turns out even better than expected, sweet gal.

♥ Jessica

*PS*

I just have to say how incredibly much I love your current blog design.

Maid Emmaline said...

I've sung soprano for that mass! :) It's fun. It's so impressive and grand, especially with a big group singing it.

Miss Elizabeth said...

Wow that's great! I'm sure it sounds gorgeous with a large group; unfortunately we are only going to have one or two people on each part. But aren't the soprano parts the best? :D

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...