Monday, November 19, 2012

Back Again!

I am officially back, only so I can say that I will officially be away again. :)  Golly, this last year of school has taken up so much of my time that Blogger, Pinterest, and Etsy have been terribly neglected.  It's been all I can do to simply ship orders out as they come in!

Besides school though, I have been doing *some* other things.  I just watched "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" again, which renewed my decision that it is one of my favorite favorite movies.  Boy can those guys dance!! *giggle*



The barn dance is probably my favorite scene :)


I also am *trying* to finish crocheting a scarf made of homespun Angora wool for my brother for Christmas.  So far, it's making progress.  I also just baked some more cookies for him since he told me that the boys are *cough*demanding*cough*, I mean, requesting more. :)

There will be some new things in the Etsy shop pretty soon, so keep an eye out!  I am also preparing a post on Beatrix Potter, complete with real photos of her, and photos of me dressed up like her.  That is my favorite time period. :)


And about the "officially going away" part:  I will probably not be posting much in the next few days because of Thanksgiving.  I know, shocker, right?  Who remembered it was Thanksgiving this week?  Not me...  :D

Have a lovely holiday!

Yours truly,




8 comments:

Rose M. said...

I think you keep your blog up remarkably well! I wish I posted as frequently as you did.

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!!! AHHH!!! SUCH a great movie! All the dancing blows my mind.

I can't wait for the post on Beatrix Potter. I've had (somewhat of) a Peter Rabbit theme in my room every since I was little. :)

God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Sarah said...

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is one of my favorite too! I cannot tell you how many times I have watched that movie. : ) In fact, my fiance's name is Adam Pilbeam, which always makes me think of Adam Pontipee.

I will look forward to your Beatrix Potter post!

May you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

-Sarah

Lydia said...

I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! It's such a great classic movie. :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

Abilaine said...

I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
And my favorite scene is the barn dance, too. :) I told my cousins about it and they loved it. They had never seen it ... surprising, because they usually recommend movies to me.

OH! And if you are wondering why I have not been posting on my blog A Thing of Beauty (a.k.a. Miss Emma Woodhouse) I am in the middle of writing like crazy. Just to inform you of it. LOL!

Rose M. said...

I know you said you'd be busy now that Thanksgiving is coming up, but I awarded you over at my blog. http://thegoldenroadblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-artsy-award-2.html

God bless!

Stephanie said...

I really like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers too....I think it is hilarious! Also, I really like the first song on your MixPod; it is one of my favorite 18th century country dances.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving,
Stephanie

http://hopefulforhomemaking.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Hi, Elizabeth.
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is such a fun movie. I am a sucker for musicals. :D Have you ever seen the Happiest Millionaire? It's really cute.

I also wanted to say that your last post about Etsy was really good. I love the doll cloths you make! They are so adorable. I've toyed with the idea of starting an Etsy shop with some of my sisters and what you said gave me some food for thought.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Cheers!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Welcome back, sweet dear. This autumn has been a busy one on our end, too - mostly "good busy" though, so I really can't complain in the slightest. It's been an age and a half since I last saw this wonderful vintage film (I'm seriously thinking I was nine or ten the last time - certainly prior to my teen years). I recall thoroughly enjoying it and am definitely going to see if Netflix Canada has it (Netflix up here only has a fraction of the movies that those in the States get to see, but you never know, especially with classics like this one).

Thank you very much for your immensely nice comment on my Thanksgiving Day outfit post. It means a lot to me, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that you and your loved ones have a beautiful Thanksgiving, too.

♥ Jessica

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...