Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ideas for my shop's future...

Being in my last year of school, I have had little to no time to be making things for my shop or even posting on my blog very often.  But I have set my sights on next spring when I will be graduated, and ready to dive in to my business and make it what I always dreamed of it becoming.

So, I have been busily pinning all my ideas and inspiration on my Pinterest board I created for that purpose.  On there you will see either things I would like to make or ideas that would help me make things.  Here are a few things I want to do in the coming year...  (note: all photos on this post are taken from Pinterest)

 Glitter Cotton Twine - Gold & Silver 
Come up with a standard, cute way to package and ship all of my things.  Right now I get pretty creative, but I would like to have that signature look that is unique to me and my shop.


pressed wildflower resin necklace yellow golden flowers from my farmhouse cottage woodland fall 
Start a line of nature-themed jewelry.  I just love nature, and I've seen so many beautiful ways to incorporate it into jewelry (like this bit of dried wildflower encased in resin in a pendant).


Coffee Date Dress: free burda style dress pattern
Possibly, possibly, possibly..... a clothing line?  Maybe?  We'll see.


Redoute's Rose   - Vintage Book Plate - 1978
Start using my watercolors to make stationery.  Imagine how cool that would be.


So, this is all a ways off, but I figured I might as well start planning now, and I'm so excited about it I thought I would share some of my ideas with you!  What do you think?  Would you like to see some of these things in my shop?  Do you have any other suggestions?


Love always,

4 comments:

Marlene E. said...

Ooh! Your ideas a soo good... I love working on my shop! I think that working on a streamlined packaging and coming up with a small gift to include with each order is a good idea. I usually insert a little something without telling the buyer so that they'll be suprised! Think simple earrings, handmade hair thingies, etc.

Good luck with your shop, luv! And I must say how much I love your new blog design, it's LOVELY!

Miss Elizabeth said...

Hey that's a good idea: free gifts. I will have to keep that in mind. I'm so glad you like my new design. ;)
Thanks for your comment!

Chloe Schofield said...

I absolutely adore all of your ideas, especially the watercolour idea because it would be something completely unique and individual. Not to mention how crazy I am for water colour paintings, especially the ones of nature scenes! I love your new back ground, it gets me all excited for Christmas, he, he! :D xx

Jessica Cangiano said...

What timelessly lovely pieces. I can completely see what you're drawn to them, and just have to say how very much I enjoy your style of aesthetics (whether for items you hope to make or your blog's design, which somehow always seems even more gorgeous each time I have the joy of visiting here).

♥ Jessica

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...