Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving in Philadelphia

Why hello again!  Goodness we had such a lovely Thanksgiving.  We were able to see my brother and stay at my aunt and uncle's house in Philadelphia.  While we were there we visited the Miraculous Medal Shrine, and Valley Forge.


 Walking down the street to the shrine.





 We had the privilege of attending Mass while we were there

 There were so many beautiful statues of Our Lady throughout the church and shrine building


 After visiting the shrine we got lunch and headed over to Valley Forge.  This was our first time there, so it was so exciting.  I couldn't wait to take lots of pictures. :)

 Replicas of some of the barracks the soldiers built

Inside one of the cabins


 The land was so beautiful



 Washington's house


 This. Place. Was. Epic.


 I want this bedroom. 





 The kitchen! *swoon*



 Mom took this picture of us three in the doorway of one of the outbuildings. 


More barracks closer to Washington's house



Another shot of the land.

This was a very memorable Thanksgiving!  I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings with your family as well.

Yours truly,

4 comments:

Treskie said...

Gaaaaah, I'm so jealous!! I'd love to visit the Miraculous Medal shrine....

And oooh. I just added Valley Forge to my must-see-before-I-die list. :)

lupeyvida said...

Beautiful pictures!

Lydia said...

I'm glad you had a happy holiday! :D
I want that bedroom too. It's so pretty and simple and reminds me of something in a book. :)

http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

Jessica Cangiano said...

What wonderfully lovely photos of Valley Forge. I've always had a deeply rooted fascination with living history locations, so much so that (after years and years of longing to see it in person as a child - it was located about nine hours away from our house at the time), I got my first (seasonal) job as a living gold rush ghost town called Barkerville, and adored my brief spell there even more than I'd always imagined I would.

♥ Jessica

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...