Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Button Earring Tutorial!

I had purchased these adorable polymer clay buttons from Dolly Madison a while ago, hoping to sew something to showcase them on.  But no matter what I tried, I couldn't seem to find that perfect spot for them on something where I could really appreciate their uniqueness.  So, today I had a wonderful idea!  Make them into earrings!



It really was very simple to do, here is your supply list:

- Polymer clay buttons; here is the shop I got mine from (or I suppose you could use any buttons, but these ones are so cute :)
- Blank post earrings; I got mine on sale at Hobby Lobby
- Hot glue gun


All you do is put the blank posts in your ears, and hold up the buttons to position them where you want on the posts.  Then take the posts off (do not attempt to glue them while they are still in your ears! :) and put a dab of glue on them, placing the button firmly on top where you had positioned it.  Let dry a few seconds, and they are ready to wear! 



Dolly Madison has so many cute buttons in her shop and her inventory is constantly changing, so hop on over and grab some for yourself!


Have a lovely day!



5 comments:

Rose M. said...

Goodness! Those are absolutely adorable. I will be look through our stash of buttons very shortly. :]

Cranberry Morning said...

Cute! And good to include the warning. No telling what people might do. :-)

Dolly Madison said...

Awww, what a sweet idea! Thank you for the shout out. ;)

Stephanie said...

Awww...these are so adorable. I will definately have to make me some soon. This could be a neat Christmas gift for friends, too. Thanks for sharing!

~Stephanie

http://hopefulforhomemaking.blogspot.com

Lydia said...

This is such a cute idea! :D

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...