Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Dreams



I have seen many girls in the blogging world write out their list of dreams that they would like to accomplish someday.  I just realized, quite recently, that I never have made one myself, so I have decided to, since I am a big dreamer, and mean to do many of these things.  So here it is, my bucket full of dreams.  I will be adding to this list as new dreams are born, and will be crossing things off as I reach some of them.  But for now, here are the starting ones, and I'm warning you, there are lots. :)


- Write a book and get it published

- Own a horse

- Climb to the top of a cliff, or a mountain, or something like that and just sit by myself, in silence, listening to God.

- Marry the man of my dreams

- Have the children of my dreams

- Live in a Victorian farmhouse

- Live entirely self-sufficiently.

- Meet Richard Armitage in person

- Visit Rome

- Visit England

- Visit Ireland

- Visit Scotland

- Visit Pompeii

- Visit Egypt and venture into a pyramid

- Adopt an orphan (or maybe more than just one. :)

- Visit the Shrine of St. Philomena in Mugnano, Italy

- Be a nanny to some adorable children Achieved on June 4, 2013: Started working for a family of seven (now eight)

- Gain 200 followers on my blog

- Reach 200 sales on my Etsy shop

- Reach 100,000 pageviews on my blog

- Own a Border Collie

- Go on a honeymoon camping in the wilderness of Canada

- Go on a trek across the wilderness (anywhere, so long as it's wilderness) with only a horse and what you can fit on the back of your saddle

- Sew my wedding dress

- Become a skilled photographer

- Sing "I Dreamed a Dream" in a big, empty place by myself with nobody listening.

- Sew my first baby's Baptismal gown

- Buy my own car - Achieved on July 30, 2014 - bought a white VW Jetta and named him Marshmallow

- Own a white Sonata

- Travel to a third world country and help the people there

- Work at a living history village as a reenactor Achieved on 4/26/13 - Began working at an 1880s historical working farm as a reenactor

- Give demonstrations on historical crafts - Achieved in July 2014 - began working at Carillon Historical Park

- Sell my handmade pieces at a craft show

- Crochet a lace shawl with homespun yarn

- Direct little children in something, not sure what.  Just teach them all something that I'm good at.  Achieved on 1/13/13: Directed the music (both vocal and instrumental) for a children's Christmas play

- Buy my own laptop - Achieved December, 2013

- Buy a really nice sewing machine. Better than the one I have now, at least. Achieved on 5/30/13: My parents bought me a beautiful, brand new Janome for my graduation

- Grow my hair out long enough that I can wrap it in a braid all the way around my head.  Achieved November, 2013

- Build a wall tent and live in it

- Film a movie that I direct, write the script for, sew the costumes for, and compose the soundtrack for



     ... but most importantly, I want to be able to be fully happy and content in the amazing plan God has laid out for me and my future.  Because it doesn't matter what I think I want to do, or what I think is best for me.

    God knows all things, and He is the Master Planner of my life.


"For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of affliction, to give you an end and patience. And you shall call upon me, and you shall go. And you shall pray to me, and I will hear you."  Jeremiah 29:11-12

8 comments:

Abilaine said...

I loved reading this. So sweet and I love your dream about living self-sufficiently. It is really nice to know that my family and myself are not the only ones in the world who want to live a Godly life and grow in the Lord. :)

Have a blessed rest of the week,

~Abilaine

nomadforgotten said...

I like your list. :) Especially the part about being totally self-reliant! But sometimes I feel that it's a bit contradictory to desire all these country-living goods and keep a blog running. I wonder if I will do away with all this Internet stuff once my life (hopefully) falls into place.

nomadforgotten said...

I like your list. :) Especially the part about being totally self-reliant! But I sometimes wonder whether it's contradictory to desire all these country-living goods and keep running a blog. I wonder if when I get my dream life going (hopefully) whether or not I will completely ditch the Internet realm. It seems likely.

Miss Elizabeth said...

You raise a point that has crossed my mind several times before. Obviously if you didn't have electricity you couldn't have a computer. It seems like you would have to ditch the internet and all that comes with it, including blogging, if you were to call yourself truly completely self-sufficient. Not sure, but I have been thinking about it...

Mary Kate said...

I really like your bucket list! I might have to add a few of them to mine :) I've thought it would be cool to live entirely self-efficiently for a little while, but I don't think I could ever actually do it.

Anonymous said...

Visit the Shrine of St. Philomena in Mugnano, Italy! Amen sister! ~Maria

Raechel said...

Great list! Oh and loved to read that you want to give birth at home!! :) I got to be apart of a home-birth and it was so amazing :)

Daniel said...

"It seems like you would have to ditch the internet and all that comes with it, including blogging, if you were to call yourself truly completely self-sufficient."


Not at all! If you have suitable flowing water on your land you could have a hydroelectric generator. Also, solar panels and wind electricity. Still, why use up your precious electricity with computers?

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...