Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bound for England

Last year a little idea was planted in my mind when I was feeling a bit down.  I felt like I wanted to get out.  Not sure where I was going to go, I just wanted to get out and go see someplace.  That's when Mom, knowing me right to the core, suggested I think about visiting a foreign country.

The idea had never occurred to me before, but right at that moment, it seemed just perfect.  Of course!  How much fun that would be to go see a far away country.  But then the question arose as to which country should I visit?  Ireland came to mind first, partly because our family heritage is Irish, and secondly because, well, I'm a fanatic for all things Irish. :)  Then I thought of Italy.  Mom and Dad went there before I was born, and their stories and photographs they brought back with them, which are now still nestled in a thick album, intrigued me.  But then I thought of England.

No one suggested it, the idea just came to me.  And after I considered England, I never turned back.  England is where I want to go.

So, since we aren't exactly the wealthiest people on this planet, my parents said if I saved enough, I could go.  Yipee!  That means that every babysitting job, every Etsy sale, every gift from relatives.... is all being kept away.  Not as quickly as I would like it to, of course, but it is starting to add up.  And once I graduate in the spring, I will have all kinds of time to expand my home based business, take on a nanny job, and work hard.

I don't think I need to tell you that I am inexpressibly excited.  England is such a beautiful place, at least, from what I can see through photographs and BBC dramas. :)  There are so many things I want to see there, but instead of rambling on any further, here are some inspiring photographs.  Note that these are not mine, but were found while searching the internet. :)


The Lake District
Ullswater, Cumbria, England




 Windsor Castle

 



Well I hope you are all having a lovely day!


5 comments:

Rose M. said...

ENGLAND! Whoo-hoo! I hope you get to go!

God Bless,
~Rose M.

Victoria said...

Oh my goodness that's lovely! What a wonderful thing to be able to look forward to. My family and I lived in Germany for six years, and twice we visited an island in the north of Scotland, but I've really been in England - except once we had a two-hour layover in Heathrow Airport, but that doesn't quite count. :)

Clare Ryan said...

Wow, that would really be something!

Chloe Schofield said...

He, he come and meet me over here! It is a truly beautiful place. :D

Miss Elizabeth said...

Haha Chloe, I should! That would be fun :)

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...