Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shop | Trying my hand at notecards...

I used to scrapbook quite a bit when I was younger, but as I got older, naturally, my tastes began to bend in other directions and that lovely world of floral paper, pink ribbon, paper punches, and sheer stickers was set aside for a while.

However. :)

Yesterday I was at Hobby Lobby and I happened to pass by the paper isle.  You all know what it looks like; rows of small metal racks with papers of all colors, patterns, and styles to choose from.  So I stepped into it for a second to see what they had.  Right away a shabby turquoise and pink rose design caught my eye and I slipped a piece of it out of it's tray.

"You don't belong here, Elizabeth," I said to myself, "Don't waste your money on something just because it looks pretty.  You won't use it.  You're done scrapbooking."  But I just couldn't put it back.  Then I saw another.  And another.  Before I knew it I had a small collection of randomly coordinating papers.  "There has to be something I could do with these at home," I thought, so I held on to them and headed to the art department where I needed to pick up some watercolor paper.

When I got home, the idea came to me to use some brown paper blank cards I had, and make some note cards.  They could be used as invitations, thank you notes, get well cards.... pretty much anything.

Four hours later, here's what I came up with. :)






And.... they are posted in the shop!


Hope you are all having a lovely day!
 

6 comments:

haley said...

These are so, so pretty!!

Treskie said...

Ah! Those are adorable. :D Homemade cards are always my favorite.

Rose M. said...

Good golly. Those are absolutely stunning. Fabulous idea! Your pictures of them are SO professional, too.

God bless!

Abilaine said...

Oh! They are too sweet!
I love looking over the Hobby Lobby paper section ... sadly enough I never know what to do with all the choices. Oh, the horror!

Anyway ... Theses are wonderful!

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thank you everyone! :D

And Abilaine, thank you, I have been experimenting with photo editing to try and make my photos more professional looking, so I'm glad you think so! :)

Amy said...

Awww, those are so cute! I know, what is it about scrapbooking paper that is just so addicting?

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...