Friday, February 1, 2013

In the Hope Chest | A Nightgown for Miss Bennet...

Yesterday as I was cleaning up my tornado of a sewing room, I came upon a creamy white sheet that Mom had given me a while back.  It had been tucked away in my fabric chest of drawers for a while, since I didn't know what to do with it at the time.  But now that it rested in my arms once more, I decided to cut it up and make a something out of it.

So, within a couple of hours, and after some digging through my lace and crochet trims, here is what I made!

Miss Bennet's Nightgown is what I have decided to call it. :)  And since my name is Elizabeth I thought it was all the more appropriate.  It is a bit Regency, don't you agree?

 

 I added this thick panel of lace to the entire front of the bodice.  Isn't it divinity?... *sigh*

 I added the same crochet trim to the edge of the sleeves to tie in the trim at the waistband.



 Window shot!  I love the way the light was gently streaming through the fabric, highlighting all the lace...





I am very happy with it.  I'm almost afraid to wear it, it's so pretty!  Mom suggested saving it for my trousseau, which I think I will do.  Now to find some pretty tissue and ribbon to wrap it in and tuck it into the oaken depths of my hope chest!
 



10 comments:

Rose M. said...

Mmmmm... love the window shot. Beautiful job!

God bless!

Lauren said...

So beautiful!!!

Sarah said...

Beautiful job! : )

Marlene E. said...

GAH I WANT ONE. Which pattern did you use?

Hannah said...

How darling! I love it and wished I had the talent for sewing just so I could make myself one! Bravo!

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thank you everyone! :D

Marlene, here is the pattern I used: http://www.simplicity.com/p-1997-misses-tops.aspx As you can see it's a top, so I lengthened the bottom pieces and cut them wider and more A-line, making the gown more flowy and roomy.

Dolly Madison said...

*faints* That's just downright gorgeous!!

Marlene E. said...

Ooh, thank you, Elizabeth! I happen to have that pattern...

Now I'm going to dash off, find some lovely material, and make myself a nightie in the hopes that it will equal your delciously gorgeous one! :D

Miss Elizabeth said...

You're welcome! And please do share it with us when you have finished it! Would love to see it :)

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

Very lovely =)

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...