Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

It seems like just yesterday it was Valentine's Day, and Dad and Stephen were coming home with flowers for Mom and I, and candy for Therese.  This year my brother won't be here to bring flowers, but I'm sure he'll make it up when he comes home for Easter break.  And in case you were wondering, no, I don't have a date for tonight.  But that's okay.  I'm only seventeen and have plenty of years ahead of me for that.  Mom told me I should treasure these last few Valentine's Days when I can spend them at home with my family.  Never know how many more years it will be until I will be quite distracted with someone else. *wink* 



We don't really have many Valentine's Day traditions around here, except the usual flowers and such.  Mom likes to read the story of St. Valentine to all of us, because after all, it is the feast day of St. Valentine, and it was that long before it was turned into what we know today as "Valentine's Day". 
 

I usually bake something sweet and chocolatey for after dinner.  Maybe this year I can come up with something that is sugar and gluten free, but tastes so good the rest of the family doesn't notice! :) 

  

On a random note, I just love vintage valentines!  I have found quite a few online which I have posted here.  I think this one above is one of my favorites. :)


. 
I like this one too.  So cute and so author-ish :)

(source)
And here is the story of St. Valentine. 



Have a lovely day!



6 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! <3

Mama Fry said...

You are a delightful young lady. Thank you for your blog. I am Mrs. March right now, but have the heart of Elizabeth, Jo, Emma and many more. I have two wonderful tween daughters who are trying to find themselves as our Lord sees them. I pray they are guided as you have been.

Happy Valentine's Day

Aidyl Ewoh said...

Hey there! I thought that since you like writing, you might want to enter a short-story writing contest I'm hosting on my blog: http://www.aidylewoh.blogspot.com/2013/02/announcing-writing-contest.html
~Aidyl

Kiri Liz said...

I, too, am very much enjoying my time spent with my family, even if they are my only valentines. God has given us this time to enjoy together, and I am perfectly content as to where He has placed me for the time being. Hmm... yes, the vintage Valentines are lovely!

I've tagged/awarded you at Lianne Taimenlore!

http://liannetaimenlore.blogspot.com/2013/02/ags-and-tawards-i-mean-tags-and-awards.html

The Aspirer said...

So glad I found your blog! It's so refreshing to find like-minded girls!

Aspirer

www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

Hey! I awarded you on my blog! God bless you!
Hannah

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...