Crepes and Jam
I found the original recipe on Simply Sugar & Gluten Free, but I did change it a little to suit me. It's an amazing site with tons of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and dessert!
Here is what my crepes and jam looked like when I made them this morning:
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of oat flour
- 15 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons plain raw yogurt
- All-fruit preserves (I used Strawberry.)
- Put the egg, egg whites, water, oat flour, stevia, vanilla, and salt in your VitaMix or blender. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until the batter is thoroughly combined. It will be watery. That’s how you want it.
- Heat a small skillet over medium low.
- Coat pan with a little butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and quickly rotate pan to evenly distribute batter. Cook for about a minute, until the bottom starts to get light golden brown in places. Flip with a wide spatula and cook for another minute or so until light golden brown. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Spread a thin layer of yogurt on the surface of each crepe. Fold crepes in half, then in fourths. Thin the jam with a little bit of water to make it syrup consistency, and drizzle over the top of the crepes. Yum!
This recipe yields about 4 crepes.
I hope to post about more of my sugar and gluten free adventures in the future. It really is surprising what you can come up with with a little experimenting!