Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Healthy Eating | Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Let me first apologize for the scarcity of my posting recently.  Yesterday I woke up with a bad chest congestion and fever.  Today was no different.  I have had absolutely no energy to do anything lately, partly because I am sick, and also because my family has been going through much stress the past week from an issue that has arisen.  It's very complicated, but if you would all keep us in your prayers I would very much appreciate it.

Anyways, I did manage to make something today, to keep myself sane.  These banana oatmeal cookies were super fast to make, and only require five ingredients!  And they are gluten and sugar free. :)


 Banana Oatmeal Cookies

   1 ripe banana
   1 cup old fashioned oatmeal (not the instant kind)
   1/2 tsp cinnamon
   1 tbsp raw honey
   Sprinkling of dried cherries (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Using a fork, mash the banana completely.  Mix in the oats, cinnamon, honey and cherries.  Drop in rounded spoonfuls onto lightly greased parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Bake for about 15 minutes.  Yum!


I also recently found my favorite gluten/sugar free granola of all time.  It's called Purely Elizabeth, no joke.  My sister spotted it on the shelf in the health food store and showed me.  Of course I couldn't pass it up.  It even tastes better than some of the granolas I have had that have gluten and sugar in them! 


 Well I better go make dinner now.  Have a lovely evening!

Yours truly,


1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I'm sorry to hear about the issues! Prayed for you and the situation. =)

Those cookies look delicious! Unfortunately, I can't stand banana... I wonder if it would work with apple puree or something?

I've had that granola too! I couldn't resist, since my name is Elizabeth also. It is really good!

I hope you feel better very soon!

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...