Saturday, April 20, 2013

Loves and Hates

Well, isn't this a rather random collection of my likes and dislikes.  I don't know why I have posting so much about myself recently.  I mean, I know you are all DYING to know so much about me personally, but I usually don't post stuff like this.  Oh well.  Here we go. :)

I'm going to post first my favorite thing in that category, and then my least favorite.


Favorite Food?

Oreos
 
  That right there would be my ideal birthday cake.  Or wedding cake for that matter.  Oreos are definitely the best thing that man has ever created for human consumption.  The way the frosting is sweetly smashed between two delicious chocolate cookies.... it's just heaven.


Most detested food:

Celery
 

I do not know why, but I have never, ever liked celery.  It has the weirdest taste and texture, and I don't care if you slather it with peanut butter, cut it up and put it in a salad, cook it with other veggies.... no.  I can't stand it.




Favorite color?

Dusty Blue
 

I would wear a dress in this color, paint my room this color, drive a car this color..... it's just so pretty and old fashioned!




Most detested color:

Hot Pink


Ugh.  Just ugh.





Favorite Season?

Spring

 
Yes, spring is my favorite season.  I love the sweet smell in the air, the new growth in the forest, new life everywhere..... beautiful!


  Most detested season:

Winter

 
I don't actually "detest" it, but it is definitely not my favorite season.  Everything is so cold and dead, and mostly in my part of the world it's just slush.  Yuck.




Favorite thing to wear?

Heels :)

Product Image 
Preferably t-strap, with a medium heel.  I like brown/tan tones.  Black sometimes.




Most detested thing to wear:

Sneakers

 


I know, it's totally weird.  But those of you who know me, know that I rarely EVER wear these.  I don't know why, I just don't feel very ladylike in them.  But I do wear them for working out, and other times when I absolutely have to.  

(Just noticed that my favorite and least favorite things to wear were both shoes. Huh.)




Favorite game?

Pictionary

 

I love to draw, so this game keeps me entertained for hours.  Well, as long as it takes to get to the end.  Then we start over again.  



Most detested game:

Whatever this is 
 

I saw this recently and couldn't believe it.  I mean really, Hannah Montana TWISTER????  Please girl, you've already ruined enough things, don't touch Twister.  I'm serious.  Leave it alone.




Favorite book?

The Virginian 

 The Virginian Owen Wister 

Really, this is my favorite book ever.  It's sad when I talk to other girls about it and they say things like "Oh you made it through that one?" or "I barely got past the first chapter; it was kind of boring."  :(  If you gave the book a chance, you might be surprised.  I just love the Virginian.  And Molly.  They are so sweet together, the way he cares so much for her, and how she doesn't want to love him, but finds herself doing so without even knowing it.  I wish there was a Virginian alive today, because I would marry him. :)



Most detested book:

 Mara, Daughter of the Nile

 

I had to read this for school years ago, and I remember to this day how boring, uneventful, and ridiculous it was.  There was not one ounce of that story that interested me.  No offence to Mara fans, cause I know they are out there, but this book was such a bore to me and it was worse because I *had* to read it for school. 


~


Well, I suppose I will now wrap up this completely random post.  Perhaps I share some of your likes or dislikes?  Do you have any poignant favorites or "most detested" things you would like to share with us? Please do! :)

God bless,

7 comments:

Treskie said...

I surprised myself by really liking The Virginian. I had to read it for school, and usually the literature books they pick bore me silly. I had a slightly difficult time with the first chapter and then BOOM. Virginian. I loved the Virginian, he was so sweet! I don't know what Molly was thinking. :D

URG celery stinks. The nasty strings that get suck in your teeth after? *shudder*

Katrina DeLallo said...

I haven't read The Virginian yet. I have read Shane, though, and I loved the cowboy-ness of that book.:)

I LOVE YOUR HIGH HEELS!

And give me a couple hours and a jug of milk, and I shall ATTACK that pile of luscious oreos! So much yum in one place!

Rose M. said...

Fist bump on the hating hot pink. Bleh.

Sereina Charise said...

Like you, I don't like hot pink at all and I can't stand sneakers anymore either. They're just not cute enough!

Hana - Marmota said...

Your colours are very much like mine! Except I think the fluorescent kind of lime yellow is a colour I detest even more. :D I can work around hot pink (as proven by my attempts to work with the Very Pink Poplin of Doom), but I cannot imagine any possible way of integrating fluorescent lime yellow into my wardrobe... it's just too much of signal colour.

Amy said...

Oreos are delicious! Oreos and milk...a match made in heaven. ;)

Oh, I sort of hate sneakers myself. They just don't look right under a skirt! They are NOT cute!
I do love heels but I don't usually wear them outside of Sundays. I have this weird thing where I like to feel that if I HAD to, I could run for my life. Heels would definitely slow me down. I'm not sure what that says about me...

Cheers!

Lydia said...

Haha I liked the Mara book! But I didn't have to read it for school - my sister did though.

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...