Sunday, April 14, 2013

My Favorite Music

Many people have asked me what kind of music I enjoy listening to.  There are a lot of artists that I like, so I have decided to officially share this little lady's favorites.

And just so you know, these are not listed in order from most favorite to least.  I pretty much like them all the same.

Josh Groban

 

Favorite songs: Oceano, Mai, Awake

He was one of the first singers I ever listened to, getting his first album at the age of 10.  I just love his voice. :)





Hayley Westenra
 
I like all of her music, don't know if I could pick a favorite song.  I really like "My Heart Belongs to You" 





 Anthem Lights
 
Favorite songs are definitely "Hide Your Love Away" and "Best Thing"





Taylor Swift
Not crazy about every one of her songs, but I like "Love Story", "Today Was a Fairytale" and "Everything Has Changed"






JJ Heller

 

She is such a beautiful artist.  All of her songs are wonderful, but especially "What Love Really Means" and "Boat Song"






Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas
Love these two as an ensemble!!  Couldn't pick favorite songs, love all of them!






Il Volo

 

This Italian group is amazing.  They have amazing voices, and they are all still teenagers!  Favorites are "We Are Love" and "Painfully Beautiful"





Joshua Bell

Gosh, he's just..... fabulous.  Couldn't pick a favorite song, all his pieces are amazing.
I LOVED when he played for the "Ladies in Lavender" movie soundtrack!




The Chieftains

This is an amazing Irish group.  Couldn't pick favorite songs.  Their music is all so Celtic and folksy and fun to listen to.



Well I hope you have enjoyed my little compilation of my favorite music.  If you have a favorite artist, please do share who it is in a comment!

Yours truly,

12 comments:

Libby M. said...

Loved reading this post!! Great list. I will have to check out some of thse singers. I *love* that Anthem Lights song. It's so encouraging and reminds me to not give up hope in trusting the Lord with my love story. My favorite singers are Point of Grace, Chris Tomlin, Josh Turner and Keith & Kristyn Getty. I listen to their music all the time and never get tired of it. :)
My sister loves One Direction and is always playing their music or watching them on videos.
Blessings to you! <3

Victoria said...

You have pretty good taste! :) I love Josh Groban's voice too, just his *style* of songs aren't really to my taste. *sighs*

I love that song that Hayley Westenra covered. I didn't know she did that one.

I've seen JJ Heller's name before, but never listened to any of her music. I love it! Thanks for introducing me to it. :)

Would you mind if I steal your idea and do a similar post?

Amy said...

Oooooh! You like Josh! And Hayley! and Il Volo!....you have great taste in music! lol. :D

It seems our taste in music is pretty similar. Though I haven't heard of Mat Kearney or JJ Heller. I'll have to check them out. New music is always awesome.

Cheers!

Miss Elizabeth said...

@Victoria - I know what you mean about Josh. I like mostly his traditional songs; some of his music can sound a little new-agey. :P And of course you can use my idea! I can't wait to see what your favorite music is. :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Believe it or not, some of these are my favorites too - Joshua Bell, Hayley W., The chieftains, but the first time I heard J. Groban, I couldn't stand him. Just last night he was on some PBS show and I listened to a few minutes. He has come a long way since that first very annoying vibrato he used to have. It's still there, but much fuller and tempered by age or something. :-)

About England: Don't give up; just plan a way to get there. Abby from 'Picture Britain' blog wanted desperately to go and I think she just flew there yesterday. She had been wanting and waiting so long, and finally managed to get there via attending a school in England - and in a beautiful part of England too. Maybe you follow her blog. She will be posting from there, I'm sure.

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I have not seen that blog, but I will be sure to check it out. I was thinking of looking at schools over there; that may be a possibility. We will see what God opens up for me.

Treskie said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! SO MUCH MUSICSSS. So... you listen to great music. SO you are awesome. I mean... JOSH! I love Josh. His voice is amazing. He's my all time favorite male singer.

I do like Taylor Swift's music. Not all of it, but when I'm in the Mood for her, nothing really does it for me. lol. Have you heard Haunted? Oh oh oh, and you have to watch the music video for "Ours." :D

Alastair Fraser is amazing.

I did not want to like 1D. I resisted and resisted. And then my sister sneakily made me listen to one of their songs without telling me who it was. And I was like, "I LOVE THIS SONG!!" So at least I can say that I like One Direction for their MUSIC not just because they're British and super cute. lol. :D

A few of the people you listed, I haven't heard of... but I shall be listening to them.

Cheers and God bless!

Treskie

Miss Elizabeth said...

Wait, you love Josh Groban too??? DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS??? Haha I know, he's amazing. :)

I've heard Haunted, but I have not watched the music vid for "Ours". Will do.

Oh my gosh same here! My friends were getting into them and I was resisting it soooo hard. Then one day I heard one of their songs, and looked them up and thought "These guys are cute, they sing great, and they're BRITISH??? Ok, yes, call me a Directioner." Then I started pinning pictures of them on my Pinterest and now I'm afraid I have the One Direction Infection. :)

Thanks for commenting!!
Miss Elizabeth :)

Treskie said...

I THINK WE DID!!

Hehehe, I got my friend into them too. Merherherher. I'm so mean. lol.

:D

Miss Elizabeth said...

I'm mean too; I've been working on my one friend very hard and I think she's starting to finally come around. I had her listen to "Little Things" and I think that may have done it. :) Mwahahahaha...

Aspirer said...

Thank you for reminding me about Hayley Westenra! :D She is so beautiful-- I used to listen to her when she was in Celtic Woman. :)

Hana - Marmota said...

Joshua Bell is a name I've encountered before but somehow never looked up... stupid of me!

The Chieftains I came across in connection with my own favourite musician, Mark Knopfler. They accompanied some songs on one of his albums, and he, I believe, accompanied them on some of theirs.

Other than Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits, I love Simon & Garfunkel, the Hungarian band Misztrál, the Czech band Spirituál kvintet (yes, they do sing spirituals, but lots of other songs as well), I've recently discovered Josh Garrels... Ennio Morricone's soundtracks. Creedence Clearwater Revival and Johnny Cash... A lot of it is not exactly contemporary music.

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...