Friday, April 5, 2013

The Light of Spring

A Light Exists in Spring
by Emily Dickinson



A Light exists in Spring
Not present on the Year
At any other period --
When March is scarcely here






 A Color stands abroad
On Solitary Fields
That Science cannot overtake
But Human Nature feels.





It waits upon the Lawn,
It shows the furthest Tree
Upon the furthest Slope you know
It almost speaks to you.









 Then as Horizons step
Or Noons report away
Without the Formula of sound
It passes and we stay -






A quality of loss
Affecting our Content
As Trade had suddenly encroached
Upon a Sacrament.



Just spent the whole afternoon reveling in the woods with my camera.  I was having fun laying on the forest floor taking shots from a field mouse's perspective.  The forest is so breathtaking from down there, if only more people took the opportunity to see it that way.  Yes, my skirt and blouse were full of mud by the time I was done, and my hair had long since fallen out of it's twisted up do, but it was so worth it.  

And what accompanies nature photography better than a beautiful poem from our friend Emily Dickinson?  Her poem was written more for early March, but I think it applies to early April just as well. :)


3 comments:

Miss Jane said...

Hi! I like your photos! They give calm and tranquility to our chaotic life!
Thanks for share with us:)

Jessica Cangiano said...

These images - bathed in tender sunlight and sweet serenity - are so immensely lovely. I especially adore that you included some of your darling dog in them. Tony and I recently (three weeks ago) brought home our first puppy and I know that she'll feature in many of my photos from here on out now, too.

♥ Jessica

Gretchen said...

Absolutely beautiful!I wanted to crawl into your pictures and read Emily all afternoon. :)

Gretchen :)
www.31cups.blogspot.com

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...