Thursday, May 23, 2013

Rose in Bloom...

The flowers around the house at last opened their beautiful faces to the sunshine, allowing me to take many portraits of them in the wee hours of light we had this morning before the rain began to pour.  

The bushes along the path to one of the side doors have seemingly burst into bloom overnight with bright peach toned blossoms, which were lightly laden with raindrops from the previous night.



You may recognize this photo as similar to one in this post which I did last spring with some shots of the flowers around the property.  Only back then I only had a cheap little pocket camera. :)


We just recently filled all of the window boxes!


Farther from the house are the shrubs of peonies which never fail to surprise us with their beautiful color variations.  This one looked so perfect...


I liked the sunlight on these little flowers...




So thankful for this beautiful weather He has blessed us with!

Yours truly,

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love this time of year. : )

Aspirer said...

What camera do you have?! I must buy it-- your pictures always come out lovely! :D

Miss Elizabeth said...

Why thank you! I shoot with a Nikon D3100. It's an all around wonderful make, and I have been very pleased with its performance since I bought it last August. I even named him Darcy. He goes with me everywhere. :)

Oh and I do all of my picture editing on Picmonkey. It's super easy to use, especially if someone is just starting out with photography.

Thanks for commenting!

Mary Kate said...

These pictures are beautiful! :)

Hana - Marmota said...

The last ones are briar roses, right?
It's so lovely to have a garden in bloom!

Clare Asper said...

I'll never get over how beautiful your home is, inside and out. Wow!! Gorgeous!

God bless you, dear! <3

Mary Drennen said...

These flowers are so pretty. Is this at your house! I absolutely love it.

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...