Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The End of the Beginning

source
      I didn't think I would have time for a post today, because bright and early tomorrow we start our road trip to Pennsylvania to attend get my brother's academy commencement and bring him home for the summer.  But, I think today is too important a day to pass up.  So, this post is going to be short and sweet.

     Today, though rather quiet around the house, was a big day for me.  Today I graduated from high school.  Unlike many teenagers, I didn't have an awards ceremony, I wasn't handed a diploma, I'm not partying with my friends.  I didn't go to senior prom with my class.  I don't have a class.  It's just me.

     The past twelve years I have spent in my parents home, studying at the dining room table mostly, with my mom as my teacher, and yes, my dad as the principle.  Every autumn I would get so excited when the big cardboard box would arrive at our doorstep, brimming with fresh books for the new school year.  And then I remember reaching the middle of the second semester and wishing it would all just end.

     Now it has ended.  However in a way, it hasn't ended; it has really begun, for a whole new chapter lies ahead, full of blank pages.  Though I have been in the process of making some big plans, there is still so much unknown out there that sometimes it feels a bit daunting.  Whatever God has in store for me, I pray that I will be able to fulfill His amazing plan to the best that I can. 




   Lastly, I just want to take a moment to say how much I appreciate all of the time, work and love my parents have put into my school years, and to thank them for the amazing education they have given me, all in the shelter of our home. They will never know what it has meant to me. Thank you Lord for giving me the best parents in the world!


God bless,

10 comments:

Kiri Liz said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth! May God be with you on this new step of your life! :)

While graduating from homeschool may seem poor in comparison to having the huge bang-up graduation from real school, I wouldn't change it for the world. I spent twelve years at my dining room table (and later a real desk ;) with my mom and my dad, and I loved it. Sure, we didn't get prom and ceremonies and big classes, but we got an experience that most people couldn't imagine. We got an education that most people wouldn't get, and on top of that I have, what I believe is, a closer relationship with my family because of it. Homeschool is, truthfully, awesome!

Amy said...

Wow, Congratulations! Isn't that just the best feeling in the world? And a little bit strange, too. At least, I found it a little strange.
Hurrah to whatever lies ahead! :)

haley jane said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth!!!! :)

Clare Asper said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth! *hugs* God bless you in your future endeavors!! <3 <3 <3

Grace H. said...

Oh how exciting! Blessings upon your new endeavors.

Hana - Marmota said...

So that's congratulations, then - to you, and to your parents!

Raechel said...

Congratulations!! I just (I know...a little slow I am ;) Jk) that today was my official last day of school. Forever :P So weird!
You're not alone - I'm not having a awards ceremony or anything like that either. I am however, having a grad open house...bleh. Not completely looking forward to that, but oh well. :)
But yes, congrats Elizabeth!!!

Miss Elizabeth said...

Thank you everyone!!

Raechel, that's great you're having a grad open house! But even if it's dull, just remember our Armitage twins are probably so proud of us that we have graduated.... and that's all that matters. ;)

Sarah said...

Congratulations Elizabeth! May the LORD guide and direct you every step of the way as you begin this new chapter in your life.

Jeremiah 29:11

Farm Girl Hannah said...

Congratulations!

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...