Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another trip to Pennsylvania

On Sunday night we got back from picking up my brother from school.  They had Mass and then a commencement and graduation ceremony at the Academy on Saturday which we went to.  My brother is only in 9th grade, so he wasn't graduating, but there were seven boys who were.  After lunch we packed up Stephen's things and got on the road.  It was a beautiful day, though very, very hot in the church on Saturday morning!

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the inside of the church, just this one from the outside.  It was beautiful!


After that we drove to the Academy.  The ceremony was really nice.  It almost made me wish I had had something like that for my graduation.  If only there was a girls boarding school somewhere I definitely would have gone.  But oh well.  At least my brother gets to. :)

The band played after the ceremony was finished.  My dad was the one with the camera this time, so he didn't take many pictures, and most of them were of the band, so.... you get to see a lot of the band!



 My brother is the tall blonde one in the middle. :)


After that we had lunch under the tent, and then the band played again.





And here's a video of one of the songs they played.




Hope you are having a lovely June!

Yours truly,

4 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

So how did he like attending there? I do know of a boarding school in Carpenwray, England - where Abbey from 'PictureBritain' is attending this term. Woudn't that be fun!

Miss Elizabeth said...

He has been enjoying the school very much! This was his first year, 9th grade, and he is looking forward to returning next year.
I have never heard of that school before. Must check it out sometime! :)

Clare Asper said...

Looks like fun! <3 the bagpipes.

God bless!

Aspirer said...

I awarded you at my blog. Hope you can participate! :)

♥ Aspirer
http://heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com/2013/06/heavenly-aspirations-scrumptious-award.html

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...