Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lady Galadriel

I just completed this white Galadriel-inspired gown today.  After finishing watching the Lord of the Rings for the first time ever yesterday (I know, I'm seventeen years old and I only just saw it), I am now a hopeless LOTR fan.  So of course, this opens up a whole new realm of creative possibilities, and I just had to make something elvish to start with, so I made this gown.


 I made the crown with twisted wire, something I am completely new at.

 The belt is probably my favorite part of this set.  I used my Celtic knot beads, joined them together, and added a leaf toggle clasp to the front.  Very elvish. :)








"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it..."  
~ Galadriel


I have the dress in my etsy shop here, and I also have an Eowyn dress in the making which I will post pictures of soon.  Have a lovely evening!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, that is so very cool! I love that dress!

You just finished Lord of the Rings? Isn't it the coolest thing ever? My family watches them every year or so. It's been almost two years now and I really NEED to see them again. I'm so glad you loved them! *Fangirling*

I can't wait to see the Eowyn dress. She's my favorite. ;)

Cheers!

Natasha Marie said...

Ooh, I LOVE this!! You did a beautiful job!

I was *whispers* 22 when I saw LoTR for the first time...yeah. And the rest is history;)

Miss Elizabeth said...

Amy, yes!!! Lord of the Rings/Hobbit are probably my favorite movies now, next to North and South. :) It was so cool. I never thought I would like it, but I finally gave in, and my dad, brother and I watched them all back to back over three days. Legolas was my favorite, seconded by Arwen and Faramir. Gah! I could go on about it all day!

Hannah said...

I just watched the first lord of the rings movie a few months ago and have now watched all except for the third and of course I have seen the hobbit. So you are not the only late comer ;) the dress is so beautiful! And I have the same doll, I think:) I like Aragorn the best of all but they are all so great! Have you rad the books?

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through charlieandmewrite.blogspot.com

I enjoy the beauty and simplicity of this blog and just had to comment just how lovely and elegant the dress and the hair is! The hair is done so well on the doll, especially since I know how tangled a doll's hair can get. Wonderful job on the crown too! ~ A homeschooled lady

Kiri Liz said...

I love this!!! The sleeves, the belt, the... well, everything! Absolutely beautiful! And you're making an Eowyn dress?! Now I am thoroughly inspired to make some of my own. LOTR is always so amazing.

Victoria said...

Ooh, it's lovely - especially the crown! It's so delicate and elvish.

Treskie said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! THAT IS AWESOME! So pretty, Elizabeth. I'd buy it if I had money. lol :D

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...