Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rather Exciting News

Goodness, I haven't posted in over a week!  Time has been getting by me this summer between working, volunteering, keeping up with my ensemble music, running my shop, and planning for the fall.  But, today I wanted to share an exciting thing that has happened recently. 

I'm going on a pilgrimage in September!!!!  Two old friends of mine and myself are going to take the trek up to Auriesville, New York for a three day pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of the North American Martyrs, over 63 miles.

We will start out early Friday morning in beautiful Lake George, NY, which I am really excited about since my dad has been there and he says it's beautiful and from the pictures I have seen he is definitely right.


After three days of walking, we will reach the shrine, overlooking the Mohawk Valley.

(source)
 I can't believe it's still two months away, but I am very excited about it and am sure it will be a wonderful experience, both physically and spiritually.  They have daily confessions and Mass in the extraordinary form, along with singing, meditations, the Rosary, and other prayers as we walk, all accompanied by priests and religious.  It's going to be amazing.

Oh and did I mention we'll be camping for the whole trip??  Yeah.  And did I mention I haven't gone camping in nearly a century? Yeah. :)

Well, I better quit the rambling now.  Hope you are having a lovely day!

2 comments:

Grace said...

I. Am. Jealous. Of. Your. Pilgrimage. It just had to be said. :)

Sarah said...

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed time! It truly is a beautiful area and September will be a great time of year to go.

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...