Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Shop | Mr. Thornton and Margaret Silhouettes

Recently I was cleaning out my old craft room (which is still a nightmare, but I'm working on it).  As I was sorting through some bins I found a bunch of embroidery hoops I had never used.  So, since I have been greatly admiring the trending "hoop art" that has been all over Etsy, I decided to try some of my own.



I am not really that experienced with embroidery.  My mom is the master, but she has taught me a few things about it over the years, enough at least for me to dive into a project on my own, so I decided for my first project I would do silhouettes of my two favorite fictional characters of all time: Mr. Thornton and Margaret Hale.

I used the likenesses of Richard Armitage and Daniela Denby Ashe for the portraits.  They will forever be Thornton and Margaret to me. :)


Of course I had to pick one of our "Helston roses" for the shoot.  I don't know exactly what type of rose they are but they are just like the one he picks for her in the movie, so I like to call them Helston roses. :)
 



I couldn't resist making a little collage with N&S screencaps.  What do you think?


This set is now available in the shop.  I am working on another one right now, which I will hopefully finish tonight and be able to post pictures soon!  Not telling you who the couple is though; it's a surprise. :)

7 comments:

Abilaine said...

Oh, I love them! Great job!

Grace said...

Those would actually make really great wedding gifts...

Miss Elizabeth said...

@Grace - you are right, they would! Never thought of that. :)

Kristen said...

These are truly lovely! Beautifully done!
Blessings,
Kristen

RaeAnne said...

I love these! Fantastic job! :)

Amy said...

Those are so sweet and simple. I've never really had much patience for embroidery, but I love the way it looks. :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

There is such a striking classic elegance to these stitched silhouettes. I've enjoyed needlework since I was a young girl, but have never made a silhouette before. Seeing these makes thing I should try my own hand at them one day - perhaps creating ones of Tony and I, as well as our pets. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration, honey.

Wishing you a joyful August,
♥ Jessica

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...