Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Vera Bradley Knock-Off

The fall is fast approaching, which means choir season will be starting again.  The past three years have taken a toll on my old Vera Bradley choir bag (which happens to be almost older than I am, since it was mom's before she granted it to me).  When I was looking through my music books last week I laid eyes on that worn out sack and decided it was high time to get my hands on something a bit less shabby and a bit more chic. 

So, after a closer look at the old thing, and since Vera Bradleys are way out of my price range, I decided to give it a go with some clearance fabric, some batting, and a little strategy.  Here was my result -





 I probably could have quilted the top panel as well, but hey, it works.  I am very happy with it.  It took me a good three days to put together, with all that machine quilting, but I love it.  The fabric and batting was a total of $8 at Walmart, which is nothing compared to the $50 + that they go for these days.  I am seriously considering doing a tutorial on this one.... would y'all like that?  Let me know and maybe I'll do one...

God bless,


10 comments:

Victoria said...

YES I WOULD LOVE A TUTORIAL. *makes puppydog eyes*

Yours is much nicer than real Vera Bradleys, in my opinion. I don't really get why they're so insanely popular and expensive - I mean, they're nice and seem to wear well, but not worth THAT much. :p Yours is lovely. :)

Ruth said...

I would like one tutorial! :)

Lauren said...

Wow, that looks amazing! Just like a Vera Bradley bag! :D

Sereina said...

Wow! It looks so professional! You did a great job with it. And yes, I would LOVE a tutorial.

Grace said...

Love it Love it Love it Love it... love it almost more than I love Benedict Cumberbatch. ;)

Vicki said...

It looks so pretty! It's the perfect choir bag.(: I love the quilting and the fabrics you chose. Now I'm thinking I need my own...haha. I do definitely need a place to keep all my music so I don't lose it all the time.

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Lizzie said...

Absolutely lovely! I so wish I was such a talented seamstress that I could come up with things like that! Great job. I would love a tutorial!

Aspirer said...

SO CUTE and so economic!

RaeAnne said...

Oooh!! I love this! It's gorgeous! :D Please make a tutorial! :)

Great job, Elizabeth! :D

Sophia said...

of COURSE i would love a tutorial! your skills amaze me! love it.

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...