I found this recipe on Martha Stewart and used buttermilk instead of the heavy cream. It turned out absolutely delicious, perfect with a steaming cup of Earl Grey.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- 5 tablespoons sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for topping
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup (plus 1 tablespoon) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup halved cranberries, drained on paper towels (I just threw them in the blender and gave it a couple pulses)
Step 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 2/3 cup buttermilk until just moistened. Gently fold in cranberries.
Step 2On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently, 5 to 10 times. Pat into a 1-inch-thick round. Cut into 8 wedges; place on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Brush tops with remaining tablespoon buttermilk; sprinkle with remaining tablespoon sugar. Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.