The banana mixed with the cranberries gives it a very unique flavor. I got this recipe from A Cozy Kitchen.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon for dusting pan
1/4 cup rolled oats, plus 1 handful for topping
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup smashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
1 1/2 cup cranberries (it says to use the whole; I put them in the blender for a few pulses)
2. In a medium bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a measuring cup, measure out the buttermilk. To the buttermilk, add the vegetable oil and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
4. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs, light brown sugar and white sugar together until thick and pale, approximately 3-5 minutes. Mix in smashed banana and buttermilk mixture. In two batches, add flour mixture, mixing until just combined, being sure not to overmix.
5. Fold in cranberries and transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Top with a handful of rolled oats.
6. Bake quick bread for 1 hour, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Invert bread onto a rack to cool. Cranberry Oat Bread will be moist up to 3-4 days. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap to preserve its freshness.
Have a lovely day!