Monday, October 21, 2013

Music Mondays | Pride and Prejudice for Piano



    The Pride and Prejudice 2005 soundtrack is definitely one of my favorite soundtracks to listen to.  I love the way Dario Marianelli wrote it a predominantly piano composition, which means..... yes, time to scrounge for some sheet music.  I have played a few pieces from this collection, but this track remains my favorite...


I love the way it begins, quietly, hesitantly, then resolves... beautiful! 

And, as an added bonus, and since it is Music Monday, here is a clip my of the Misty Mountains sung by none other than the great brother himself.  He knew I liked this song so he recorded himself singing it just before he left for school at the end of the summer.  It's not perfect or anything, but I love it.  

Enjoy. :)


(I know, he filmed it in a random corner of the mudroom.  Don't ask me why, I have no idea.... :)

5 comments:

Aspirer said...

One of my favorite posts! I love the P&P soundtrack. My mom bought me the piano music and me and my sister play some of the songs.

♥ Aspirer
PS- Love what you did with your header. :)

Raechel said...

Love the 2nd one! He did a good job. The water in the background is perfect!

My younger sister is learning one of the P&P songs...I don't rememeber which. And then for my elder sister's wedding she had our cousin play some :)

Treskie said...

I remember really liking the Pride & Prejudice soundtrack too. It's super pretty!

Wow. Tell your brother he's got a really, really nice voice. I'm impressed. :)

Cheers!

Kiri Liz said...

I love the P&P 2005 soundtrack!! In fact, my family jokes about how last Christmas was our P&P Christmas... my mom got the movie, my sister the soundtrack, and I the piano book. The music is absolutely gorgeous, and I love playing it all!! You can get the sheet music on Amazon, as I did, yet you have to be careful which book you choose. There's an easy one and an intermediate one.

Elizabeth Novak said...

My younger sister figured out how to play the Pride and Prejudice song by ear. It's so awesome! I love hearing her play it.

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...