Friday, January 3, 2014

One Very Trapped Miss Bennet


    The Christmas season is flying by so quickly!  Soon my brother leaves for school again.  And I'll be back to work. *bleh*   Is Christmas skipping by too quickly for anyone else but me?

   Last night I had a dandy time swing dancing and watching Dr. Who until the wee hours of the morning.  I had come down to my friends' house that afternoon planning on swinging, eating at Chipotle, and going to see Frozen.  But soon after I got there, the roads got worse and it was obvious we weren't going anywhere.  So instead of seeing Frozen we stayed indoors and I spent the night dancing and playing board games and watching Dr. Who.  I felt like Jane Bennet, trapped for the night.  Only thankfully it was not sickness that kept me, but snow.  Ah, what a dandy time we had!
   In the morning we made pancakes for all the kids.  And we even had time to fit a few games of pool in there!  Such fun!

   What have you ladies been up to this Christmas?

4 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you had fun! By the way, Happy New Year!

Yes, I agree. This year has flown! I hope 2014 decides to take its own sweet time, you know? :]

Blessings,
Sarah

Jessica Cangiano said...

*Shoots hand up in the air* Yes, ma'am, it really felt like - despite much of 2013 feeling rather lengthy - that Christmas holiday flew by at the speed of light. I also felt yesterday, as I sometimes have in the past as well, that I was even more in the mood for Christmas now that it was over at our house. Hmmm, I wonder why that happens (there should be a name for it; I know I'm not the only person that's felt this way before). Oh well, there's always the next one to look forward to and starting getting in the spirit for extra early. :)

Big hugs & the very happiest of wishes for an amazing 2014!
♥ Jessica

*PS*

I adore your current blogger header. Your site always looks so elegant, ladylike and peaceful.

Lauren said...

Merry late Christmas Miss Elizabeth! I too have felt that the season is moving too quickly. I'm treasuring time without school and with my family. Wishing you a wonderful 2014!
-Lauren

GracefulMomto11 said...

Hello again! I am surprised at how fast 2013 flew by! I have been feeling like Miss Bennet recently {with the 19 degree weather Georgia has been having!}
too cold to go outside! happy New Year!

blessings from the country,
Abigail.

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...