Friday, September 18, 2015

In the Shop | Marianne's Ball Gown

    Hello again my friends! Just stopping by the blog again to first, invite you to like my new Facebook page for Pemberley Threads!  Stop by and let's rack up those likes. And two, I'm here to post some pictures of my latest creation: a ball gown for the younger Miss Dashwood. :)  Sense and Sensibility is one of my favorite Austen novels and this dress seemed to fit Marianne's personality perfectly.  Sweet, simple, but fiesty. 


I used a gold block printed cotton for the dress, and a sky blue and gold brocade for trim, inspired by the Indian saris so often used in fashion during the time the novel was released.   Saris were the perfect length to make a gown, so many were imported from India, hence the strong Indian influence on the fashions of the time. 


Included with the dress is a hair pin made of turquoise ribbon, crystal, and just a few black feathers, another high fashion ornament from the period.  

Your little Marianne Dashwood would love to go to the ball in London in a gown such as this! 



Now available in the shop here!


Have a lovely morning!




3 comments:

Abi Ant said...

Very cute! I love the color blue brocade you chose!-Abi
jubilantjoys.blogspot.com

Jessica Cangiano said...

How splendidly lovely! Your product photography here is enchantingly pretty, too.

Many hugs & happy end of summer wishes,
♥ Jessica

Raechel said...

How beautiful, Elizabeth Marie! That's truly lovely, and I didn't know that fact about the Indian Sari's! How interesting. :)
I hope you are well!
Raechel

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...