Friday, November 20, 2015

In the Shop | Lothlorien Fall

I finally cracked down and made my first medieval design for the shop.  True, a while ago I did a Lady Galadriel Gown, but that was a self drafted pattern and it didn't come out as pleasing as this one has.


I used a mustard yellow linen blend and brown linen for lining the under sleeves.  I wanted the colors to speak of earth and late fall. 



I was very happy with the way it turned out and fit my Marie Grace perfectly.  It's definitely designed for the slimmer American Girls, but there's nothing like having a perfect fit.  Sometimes trying to accommodate the older chunkier dolls as well as the newer slimmer ones is a bonus, but you lose out on that tailored look.



The belt was simple, just some black cording and a bronze medallion that slipped right on.

Currently working on the Christmas gowns and will be getting them on soon.  Check out this gown in my Etsy shop by clicking here.

Have a lovely afternoon!


2 comments:

JES said...

This dress is stunning! We are studying the Middle Ages right now in our homeschool and so I can really appreciate what you have done here :)

Joy said...

You're blog has been nominated for the "Quote Challenge". :) If you'd like to participate, simply post 3 quotes a day for 3 days in a row and nominate 3 other bloggers each time.

Have a blessed day! ~ The Cherry Tree Poet :)

Other posts of interest....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...